2016 KTM 50 SXS
The 50 SX is a true KTM for young MX riders aged from around four to 10 years old, up to a body height of 1.30m. A genuine motorcycle that, like its bigger siblings, is produced with quality components that make the 50 SX the first choice as a stepping stone into the MX world or for the first racing step on the ladder. With the youngster in mind this package is easy to control and has an engine that is distinguished by a steady power delivery, incorporating an automatic clutch that is ideal for novice riders. For MY 2016 the 50 SX presents itself with newly designed bodywork that provides better ergonomics and makes the bike even easier to ride.
- Handlebars: Made of high quality aluminum alloy, the new ergonomic handlebars offer top stability and safety. A new crash pad on the handlebar brace protects the rider from impact.
- Suspension: Top-quality 35 mm upside down front forks by WP Suspension 185mm of travel ensure outstanding directional stability. On the rear wheel a WP monoshock linked directly to the swingarm provides 205mm of suspension travel.
- Wheels: Like the big KTM factory racers, the 50 SX has super lightweight, black anodized, aluminum rims providing the highest strength and safety. The OEM knobby MAXXIS tires grip superbly on any surface.
- Brakes: The 50 SX is fitted with front and rear hydraulic brakes by Formula combined with lightweight WAVE discs that are easy to control even for the youngest riders. This ensures the best braking and the highest standard when it comes to safety.
- Engine: The modern, extremely compact 2-stroke engine fitted with an automatic clutch sets the standard in its class with great, manageable power. Thanks to the 3-shaft design, the crankshaft is close to the bike's center of gravity. This not only benefits the handling, but also allows for a flow-optimized intake angle into the reed valve - a prerequisite for maximum performance.
- Clutch: Developed by KTM, the centrifugal multi-disc automatic clutch provides manageable acceleration and makes riding this motorcycle the easiest thing in the world. It can be adjusted, without tools, to the specific requirements of the track and the rider in minutes.
- Power Reduction: For absolute beginners the engine power can be reduced to a moderate 5.5hp using a kit from the Power Parts program.
- Bodywork: For 2016 the KTM engineers designed all new plastics that provide perfect ergonomics and contact points for the rider, maximum freedom of movement and better comfort of the seat. In addition, advanced design solutions for the new front and rear fenders are prime examples of an intelligent design, which guarantees maximum stability through a well thought-out structure and mounting.
- Frame: The modern frame produced by WP Performance Systems is made of lightweight, high strength chromoly steel profiles and combines maximum longitudinal stiffness with optimum torsional rigidity. It guarantees easy handling and precise cornering, along with outstanding stability. For 2016 the subframe is adapted to match the new bodywork.
- Graphics: Derived from the new generation of the full-size SX bikes, the new in-mold graphics make the small KTM look even cooler. Its frame has a super-rugged black polymer powder coating.
- Radiator: Like the big KTM bikes, the 50 SX has a liquid cooling system, which even cools the crankcase. Generously sized radiators ensure outstanding heat dissipation for high reliability even in extreme duty.
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Bore and Stroke
- Bore: 39.5 mm Stroke: 40 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP upside-down Ø 35 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc: 160 mm (diameter)
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock
- Rear Brakes
- Disc: 160 mm (diameter)
- Dry Weight
- 41.5 kg
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.3 l
- 1032 ± 10 mm
- Ground Clearance
- 252 mm
- Seat Height
- 684 mm
- Single-speed automatic