2016 KTM 85 SX 17/14
The 11 to 15-year-old riders of the junior class are no longer beginners. These are future champions fighting for victory, no matter if it is the Junior World Championship or a regional championship. In this scene, the 85 SX is considered a winner's bike. With the most powerful engine in the field and a super lightweight, stable chassis, it does not need to shy away from a full size bike.
- Frame: Made of top quality chromoly steel with a lightweight, bolt-on aluminum rear subframe, the 85 SX frame ensures maximum stability at minimum weight. It has a rugged polymer coating in a noble black color.
- Suspension: Up front of the 85 SX 43mm upside-down forks provide 270mm of travel, while a PDS monoshock for the rear provides optimum traction and surface contact. These are both made by renowned supplier WP Suspension at the highest quality. Rebound and compression damping can be adjusted separately for a quick and precise set-up to match the track and rider.
- Wheels: New black coated high-end Excel rims, lightweight, CNC machined hubs and black spokes with lightweight aluminum nipples ensure the highest stability at minimum weight on the 85 SX. The OEM MAXXIS tires are renowned for their perfect traction and outstanding performance.
- Bodywork: Ergonomics and function of the bodywork is designed in such a way as to achieve complete harmony between rider and bike.
- Graphics: The revised and sharp-looking graphic design provides a striking new look.
- Engine: Cutting-edge 2-stroke technology, combined with a precise 6-speed gearbox and hydraulic clutch are the foundation of the 85 SX's superiority in all junior racing competition.
- Cylinder: The high performance cylinder with flow-optimized ports and a high-precision exhaust control valve provides the engine with unrivalled performance.
- Crankshaft: Thanks to its perfectly sized lightweight conrod, the crankshaft has minimum vibration and maximum durability.
- Clutch: The hydraulic clutch mechanism by Formula ensures an easy clutch action and well-defined modulation on the 85 SX.
- Cooling: A constant temperature balance for consistent, high performance is ensured by an intelligent cooling circuit with integrated crank case cooling and two radiators.
- Brakes: The Formula braking system with radial calipers, four pistons in front, two in the rear, matched with lightweight Wave 240 mm front and a 210 rear brake disc set the standard in terms of controlled action and braking performance.
- Handlebars: The 85 SX has super strong, tapered handlebars made of high quality aluminium alloy with a bend that's perfect for motocross requirements.
- Airbox: What is good for the bigger KTM off-road bikes is also good for the 85 SX - an air filter change can be done within seconds without tools.
- Engine Type
- Front Suspension
- 43mm upside-down forks
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- PDS monoshock
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake