2020 Husqvarna Motorcycles FC 450
The pinnacle of Husqvarna motocross, the FC 450 uses advanced engineering techniques to not only draw 63 hp from the 450cc motor, but also position the engine shaft arrangements at the ideal centre of gravity to vastly benefit handling and manoeuvrability. The addition of launch control means perfect acceleration off the line, while class-leading ergonomics and traction control keep the rider in full control.
- Powerful Engine: The SOHC cylinder head is incredibly compact and lightweight using a short profile with the camshaft located as close to the center of gravity as possible, significantly improving handling and agility. The lightweight valves are actauted via a rocker arm and feature timing specifically designed to deliver precise levels of torque and throttle response.
- Interchangable Airbox Cover: Designed with precisely positioned inlet ducts aimed at reducing drag and air flow deformation, the airbox ensures unrestricted airflow with maximum filter protection. The TWIN AIR filter is easily accessed without tools, by simply removing the left side panel for easy maintenance. Offering further performance customisation, the MY20 FC 450 is delivered with an additional airbox cover that can be changed without the use of any tools for a sharper throttle response according to rider preference or track conditions.
- Lightweight Frame: The chromium molybdenum steel frame harnesses advanced geometries and flex characteristics aimed at providing unparalleled rider feedback, energy absorption and exceptional straight-line stability. The frame is finished off in a premium blue powder coating with standard frame protectors for superior protection and durability.
- Carbon Fiber Subframe: The use of carbon fiber strips away weight, improving weight distribution and bringing weight closer to the center of gravity for precise handling. The composition of the material is 30% carbon fiber and the overall 3-piece construction is remarkably light but also very strong for an overall weight of 3.1 pounds. Additionally, a specific rigidity has been calculated in the component for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Crankshaft: The crankshaft is specifically positioned to harness the rotating mass in the ideal centre of gravity resulting in a lightweight and agile handling feel. As such, the inertia produced by the crankshaft is carefully calculated to deliver optimal traction and rideability from the powerful 450cc plant. A plain big end bearing comprising of two force-fitted bearing shells ensure maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 100 hours.
- CNC Machined Triple Clamps: The 22 mm offset CNC-machined triple clamps feature an integrated rubber damping system that reduces vibration and increases rider comfort. The triple clamp works in harmony with the front forks, offering superior handling and stability. A 3-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customisable ergonomics.
- Magura Hydraulic Clutch: The reliable, high quality, German-made clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. Meaning that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in hot or cold conditions, as well as over time.
- DDS Clutch: The FC 450 features a Dampened Diaphragm Steel clutch, which includes a single-diaphragm steel pressure plate instead of traditional coil springs. It integrates a damping system for better traction and durability. The clutch basket is a single-piece CNC-machined steel component that allows the use of thin steel liners and contributes to the compact design of the engine.
- Functional Bodywork: Clean, Swedish-inspired design and ergonomics are tailored to deliver exceptional comfort and control, enabling riders to perform at the highest level for extended periods of time. Adapted after countless hours of testing, the contact points are specifically positioned to allow seamless movement around the motorcycle.
- WP Xact Front Suspension: The WP XACT fork is lightweight and easy to adjust through a single air valve for pre-load, using the supplied fork pump. Compression and rebound fine-tuning is handled by tool-free click adjusters. Together with the fully adjustable WP XACT rear shock, Husqvarna offers superior suspension performance, feeling and comfort.
- Wheels And Tyres: Made from high-strength alloy rims by D.I.D and featuring CNC-machined hubs, the wheels of the FC 450 are fitted with DUNLOP MX3S Motocross tyres with proven "block-within-a-block" design for more progressive cornering and superior grip.
- Brakes: The highest level of quality is guaranteed with class-leading Brembo callipers and controls. The 260 mm front and 220 mm solid rear discs deliver superior stopping power instilling confidence in any condition.
- Map Switch: Optimized for easy operation, the map switch selects between two engine maps, operates launch control and activates a traction control feature. Traction control works by analyzing throttle input from the rider and the rate at which the RPM increases. If the RPM increases too quickly, the EMS will register a loss of grip and reduce the amount of power to the rear wheel ensuring maximum traction.
- Engine Management System: The KEIHIN EMS is designed to be small, lightweight and fast at processing data. It integrates launch control for perfect starts, selectable engine maps via the switch on the handlebar as well as traction control.
- 44 mm Throttle Body: The FC 450 features a 44mm Keihin throttle body. The injector is positioned to ensure the most efficient flow into the combustion chamber while to ensure optimal throttle response the throttle cable is mounted directly without a throttle linkage providing more immediate throttle response and feeling.
- Electric Start And Li-Ion Battery: Along with the benefit of an easy electric starting system, a lightweight Li-Ion 2.0 Ah battery is fitted to the FC 450. The Li-Ion battery weighs approx. 1 kg less than a conventional lead battery meaning the convenience of electric starting is delivered while keeping overall weight to a minimum.
- Displacement: 449.9 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Bore: 95 mm
- Stroke: 63.4 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Front suspension: WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 310 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 449.9 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 95 mm x 63.4 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS
- Front Suspension
- WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.