2020 Husqvarna Motorcycles FX 350
With the agility of a 250 and a 450-rivalling power-to-weight ratio, the FX 350 strikes a competitive balance between power and handling. This appeals to both professional and amateur riders alike, making for a more user-friendly riding experience in all conditions. It is this versatility, paired with intelligent traction and launch control, which makes the FX 350 one of the most multitalented offroad motorcycles on the market.
- Engine: The 350 cc DOHC engine weighs in at only 60 pounds and has a maximum power that rivals most 450 cc machines. The engine is specifically designed with performance, weight and mass centralization as key criteria. As a result, all shaft arrangements are positioned to allow oscillating masses to occupy the ideal center of gravity while all parts are engineered to offer the best possible performance while adding the least possible weight.
- Cylinder Head: The FX 350 features an advanced DOHC cylinder head layout meticulously engineered to deliver every fraction of performance. The internals feature polished camshafts and DLC coated finger followers, resulting in minimal friction and unsurpassed overall performance, allowing the engine to rev freely to 13,400 rpm.
- Cylinder & Piston: An 88 mm bore and 57.5 mm stroke cylinder features a compression ratio of 14:1 and a large diameter yet lightweight forged bridged-box-type piston. As a result, the low oscillating mass delivers exceptional power, high revs and a very wide power band.
- Crankshaft: At the heart of the high-output, high-revving FX 350 engine is a crankshaft featuring a plain big end bearing featuring two force-fitted bearing shells, ensuring maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 100 hours.
- Functional Bodywork: Clean, Swedish-inspired design and ergonomics are tailored to deliver exceptional comfort and control, enabling riders to perform at the highest level for extended periods of time. Adapted after countless hours of testing, the contact points are specifically positioned to allow seamless movement around the motorcycle.
- Frame: Engineered with carefully calculated parameters of longitudinal and torsional flex, the frame features improved rider feedback, energy absorption and straight-line stability. The frame is finished off in a premium blue powder coating and standard frame protectors guaranteeing superior protection and durability.
- Carbon Fibre Subframe: Carbon fibre is renowned for its light weight and high strength. For those reasons, the Husqvarna range features a unique composite subframe made from 30% carbon fibre. Specific rigidity is engineered into the subframe to deliver optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Swingarm: The swingarm is manufactured from a single piece of aluminium using a gravity die-cast production process. This gives the swingarm exceptional strength while keeping the weight to a minimum. Chain adjustment markings are also visible from above to make for simpler adjustment.
- Map Switch: Designed for easy, one-finger operation, the map switch is standard on the FX 350. This allows riders to easily select between 2 engine maps, activate the launch control or toggle the traction control feature.
- Engine Management System: The KEIHIN EMS is designed to be small, lightweight and fast at processing data. It integrates launch control for perfect starts, selectable engine maps via the switch on the handlebar as well as traction control.
- 44 MM Throttle Body: The FX 350 features a 44 mm KEIHIN throttle body ensuring the most efficient fuel flow into the combustion chamber while maintaining optimal throttle response.
- Electric Start And Li-Ion Battery: As with all 4-strokes in the Husqvarna range, the FX 350 starts with the ease of pressing a button thanks to electric start. A lightweight Li-Ion 2.0 Ah battery is fitted, giving the convenience of electric starting while keeping overall weight to a minimum.
- Cooling System: Made using high-strength aluminium, the cooling system on the FX 350 features computational fluid dynamics to channel air through the radiators more efficiently. The cooling system is also integrated into the frame allowing improved cooling by channelling coolant through the frame while eliminating the need for additional hoses.
- Tool-Less Airbox Design: Easy access to the TWIN AIR filter is possible without tools, for quicker cleaning and easier maintenance. Precision inlet ducts maximise airflow and offer increased levels of filter protection.
- Self-Cleaning Footpegs: The FX 350 frame features an innovative, self-cleaning footpeg mount that helps prevent mud build-up, springing back to the original position for sure footing at all times.
- Magura Hydraulic Clutch: Reliable, high quality and German-made, the MAGURA hydraulic clutch system is almost maintenance-free, and guarantees even wear and perfect feel in all riding conditions. This means that modulation and play on the lever are constantly compensated so that the pressure point and clutch function remain identical in cold or hot conditions.
- Displacement: 349.7 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Bore: 88 mm
- Stroke: 57.5 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Front suspension: WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 310 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Ground clearance: 370 mm
- Seat height: 950 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 8.5 l
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 349.7 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 88 mm x 57.5 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS
- Front Suspension
- WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.5 L
- Ground Clearance
- 370 mm
- Seat Height
- 950 mm
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.