2020 Husqvarna Motorcycles FX 450
The pinnacle of Husqvarna offroad competition, the FX 450 uses advanced engineering techniques to not only draw 63 hp from the 450cc motor, but also position the engine closer to the centre of gravity to vastly improve handling and manoeuvrability. The addition of launch control means perfect acceleration off the line, while class-leading ergonomics and traction control keep the rider in full control.
- Powerful Engine: The SOHC engine is the perfect example of the advanced engineering techniques used by Husqvarna motorcycles offering class-leading HP at an overall weight of just 61.3 pounds. Mass-centralization is key in the engine design, enabling chassis engineers to position the engine closer to the center of gravity for optimal handling and maneuverability.
- Gearbox: A lightweight 5-speed gearbox produced by PANKL Racing Systems ensures the highest level of durability and reliability. The gear lever also features a unique design that prevents dirt build-up and keeps the lever tip in its original position, even in the toughest conditions, while an advanced gear sensor selects the ideal engine map for each gear.
- Lightweight Frame: The chromium molybdenum steel frame harnesses advanced geometries and flex characteristics aimed at providing unparalleled rider feedback, energy absorption and exceptional straight-line stability. The frame is finished off in a premium blue powder coating with standard frame protectors for superior protection and durability.
- Carbon Subframe: Carbon fibre is renowned for its light weight and high strength. For those reasons, the Husqvarna range features a unique composite subframe made from 30% carbon fibre. Specific rigidity is engineered into the subframe to deliver optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Crankshaft: The crankshaft is specifically positioned to harness the rotating mass in the ideal centre of gravity resulting in a lightweight and agile handling feel. As such, the inertia produced by the crankshaft is carefully calculated to deliver optimal traction and rideability from the powerful 450cc plant. A plain big end bearing comprising of two force-fitted bearing shells ensure maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 100 hours.
- CNC Machined Triple Clamps: The 22 mm offset CNC-machined triple clamps feature an integrated rubber damping system that reduces vibration and increases rider comfort. The triple clamp works in harmony with the front forks, offering superior handling and stability. A 3-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customisable ergonomics.
- Magura Hydraulic Clutch: The reliable, high quality, German-made clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. Meaning that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in hot or cold conditions, as well as over time.
- DDS Clutch: The FX 450 features a Dampened Diaphragm Steel clutch, which includes a single-diaphragm steel pressure plate instead of traditional coil springs. It integrates a damping system for better traction and durability. The clutch basket is a single-piece CNC-machined steel component that allows the use of thin steel liners and contributes to the compact design of the engine.
- Functional Bodywork: Clean, Swedish-inspired design and ergonomics are tailored to deliver exceptional comfort and control, enabling riders to perform at the highest level for extended periods of time. Adapted after countless hours of testing, the contact points are specifically positioned to allow seamless movement around the motorcycle.
- WP AER 48 Suspension: The WP XACT fork is lightweight and easy to adjust through a single air valve for pre-load, using the supplied fork pump. Compression and rebound fine-tuning is handled by tool-free click adjusters. Together with the fully adjustable WP XACT rear shock, Husqvarna offers superior suspension performance, feeling and comfort.
- Wheels And Tyres: Made from high-strength alloy rims by D.I.D and featuring CNC-machined hubs, the wheels of the FX 450 are fitted with DUNLOP GEOMAX tyres with proven design for progressive cornering and superior grip on a variety of terrain.
- Map Switch: A mapping switch as standard serves multiple functions. It can be used to initiate launch control, allows riders to toggle between 2 engine maps or activate traction control. Both traction control and launch control feature an updated setting for improved traction on slippery trails for better handling and faster launches.
- Engine Management System: The KEIHIN EMS is designed to be small, lightweight and fast at processing data. It integrates launch control for perfect starts, selectable engine maps via the switch on the handlebar as well as traction control.
- 44 MM Throttle Body: The FX 450 features a 44mm Keihin throttle body. The injector is positioned to ensure the most efficient flow into the combustion chamber while to ensure optimal throttle response the throttle cable is mounted directly without a throttle linkage providing more immediate throttle response and feeling.
- Electric Start And Li-Ion Battery: Along with the benefit of an easy electric starting system, a lightweight Li-Ion 2.0 Ah battery is fitted to the FX 450. The Li-Ion battery weighs approx. 1 kg less than a conventional lead battery meaning the convenience of electric starting is delivered while keeping overall weight to a minimum.
- Displacement: 449.9 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Bore: 95 mm
- Stroke: 63.4 mm
- Starter: Kick and electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Front suspension: WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 310 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Ground clearance: 370 mm
- Seat height: 950 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 8.5 l
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 449.9 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 95 mm x 63.4 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS
- Front Suspension
- WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.5 L
- Ground Clearance
- 370 mm
- Seat Height
- 950 mm
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.