2020 Husqvarna Motorcycles TX 300i
The TX 300i signifies the constant development and secure future of the historic 300cc 2-stroke in the Husqvarna off-road line-up. Featuring the latest technology, the TX 300i is a purpose-built closed course racing 2-stroke with off-road specific features. A larger fuel tank, an 18-inch rear wheel and a side-stand increase the usability of the TX for its intended purpose. Additionally, the lightweight 2-stroke engine is efficienct using modern electronic fuel injection, centralizes mass and features very little vibration thanks to a counter balancer shaft. As a result the TX 300i offers a refined and manageable closed course racing package.
- Engine: The TX 300i features a pioneering electronic fuel injection system. This comprises of a set of fuel injectors positioned at the transfer ports which deliver the ideal amount of fuel to the engine in every condition. This not only reduces fuel consumption and emissions but also delivers a clean & smoother power delivery giving the loved 2-stroke a new edge.
- Cylinder: The cylinder design includes two inlet positions located on the transfer ports at the rear of the cylinder where a pair fuel injectors are mounted. The injectors deliver fuel downwards into the transfer port guaranteeing excellent atomisation with the air travelling upward to the combustion chamber. This ensures a more efficient combustion resulting in reduced fuel consumption and emissions.
- Throttle Body: The TX 300i uses a 39 mm throttle body which regulates the amount of air entering the engine via a butterfly operated by dual throttle cables connected to a new handlebar throttle assembly. Unlike 4-stroke throttle bodies, fuel is not introduced at this point but rather 2-stroke oil is mixed with the air entering the engine to lubricate the crankshaft, cylinder & piston.Additionally, a throttle position sensor (TPS) relays airflow data to the ECU which in turn calculates the amount of oil and fuel delivered to the engine while a bypass screw regulates the idling speed and a cold start device opens a bypass providing more air for cold starts.
- Counter Balancer Shaft: The TX 300i features an electronic oil pump which feeds vital 2-stroke oil into the engine . The pump is located just below the oil tank and feeds the oil via the throttle body meaning the oil is not mixed with the fuel eliminating the need for pre-mixing as on traditional 2-stroke engines. The pump is controlled by the EMS and delivers the optimal amount of oil according to the current RPM and engine load reducing waste as well as excessive smoke being transmitted from the exhaust. The oil tank is located beneath the fuel tank and is connected to a filler hose which runs through the upper tube of the frame to a filler cap conveniently located for easy refills. The tank capacity is 0.7 l and is connected to a low level sensor which illuminates notifying the rider when the tank needs refilling.
- Frame: The chromium molybdenum steel frame harnesses advanced geometries and flex characteristics aimed at providing unparalleled rider feedback, energy absorption and exceptional straight-line stability. The frame is finished off in a premium blue powder coating with standard frame protectors for superior protection and durability.
- Carbon Fibre Subframe: Carbon fibre is renowned for its light weight and high strength. For those reasons, the Husqvarna range features a unique composite subframe made from 30% carbon fibre. Specific rigidity is engineered into the subframe to deliver optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Magura Braking System: The Magura Braking System features advanced sensitivity for a more modulated feel while still retaining the highest level of performance. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear.
- Wheels And Tyres: CNC-machined hubs and high-strength alloy rims by D.I.D are finished in striking black. They feature laser engraved logos and are fitted with DUNLOP GEOMAX tyres which feature progressive cornering and superior traction on a variety of terrain.
- WP Xact Front Suspension: The 48 mm split air fork features a capsulated air spring and pressurized oil chamber for progressive and consistent damping. The forks feature revised settings and are easily adjusted via the single air pressure pre-load valve, as well as through easy access clickers for compression and rebound. Additionally, the air pump needed to adjust the fork's air pressure is provided as standard.
- WP Xact Rear Suspension: With an updated settings, the WP XACT rear shock provides advanced damping characteristics for unsurpassed traction and energy absorbtion. A pressure balance inside the shock ensures consistent damping, resulting in superior rider comfort and feeling.
- Magura Hydraulic Clutch: The reliable, high quality and German-made, MAGURA clutch system is near maintenance-free. This guarantees even wear and perfect modulation in all conditions, with constantly compensated modulation and play on the lever, so the pressure point and clutch remains consistent in cold or hot conditions as well as over time.
- Components: The most progressive engineering techniques and technology complement a long list of quality componentry standard on the TX 300i.
- Pro Taper Handlebar: Manufactured to exacting standards, PRO TAPER handlebars feature class-leading strength and fatigue resistance with minimal weight.
- Map Select Switch: The engine characteristics can be tailored thanks to the standard map switch that modifies the power delivery according to rider preference, conditions and terrain.
- DDS Clutch: Black high-strength alloy rims by D.I.D are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodised aluminum nipples.
- Displacement: 293.2 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Bore: 72 mm
- Stroke: 72 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Continental EMS
- Frame design: Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Front suspension: WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 310 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Ground clearance: 370 mm
- Seat height: 950 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 8.5 l
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- 293.2 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 mm x 72 mm
- Fuel System
- Continental EMS
- Front Suspension
- WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.5 L
- Ground Clearance
- 370 mm
- Seat Height
- 950 mm
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.