2020 KTM 350 SX-F
Shredding With Nimble Agility: The KTM 350 SX-F continues to deliver a dominant mix of horsepower and agility. It has an exceptional power-to-weight ratio with torque similar to that of a 450, without losing its 250-like agility. When you're looking for more than one advantage, this powerful, lightweight racer combines all your needs into one dominant package with serious championship pedigree to back it up.
- 4-strokes have taken motocross to unthinkable new extremes in a playground where KTM is the dominant force. Lighter and more compact than ever thought possible, these well-balanced engineering masterpieces deliver class-leading power in the most dynamic way. Straight from the showroom floor, KTM 4-strokes offer READY TO RACE performance of the highest caliber.
- Unrivalled power: The engine of the 2020 KTM 350 SX-F is neatly arranged in a compact and light (58.6 lbs) construction. It features an innovative clutch system; perfectly geared, durable transmission, and a lightweight DOHC (double overheard camshaft) cylinder head, which all contribute to making it an extremely impressive engine. It also features a new, stronger oil pump intermediate gear, for improved reliability. Fitted with the latest electronic fuel injection system and a useful electric starter, just one push of a button fires up this impressively competitive engine.
- Cylinder head: The cylinder head on the KTM 350 SX-F is the gateway to its excellent power. It features two overhead camshafts with friction-optimized super-fine surfaces, connected to DLC coated finger followers that activate four lightweight titanium valves (intake 36.3 mm, exhaust 29.1 mm). KTM engineers have maximized the flow rate, delivering an optimal power band, with outstanding performance across the entire 13,400 rpm range.
- Crankshaft: The KTM 350 SX-F's crankshaft features a stiff design and utilizes a short, lightweight connecting rod, contributing to the incredibly dynamic and efficient power delivery. The big end bearing features two force-fitted bearing shells, which run directly on the crank pin. This design is a prerequisite for the extremely high engine speed levels and the unrivalled power of the 350 cc. The design also enhances durability, allowing for long crankshaft service intervals, resulting in less effort and cost - and more time spent on two wheels.
- Crankcases and engine covers: The compact engine cases are manufactured using a high pressure die-cast production process that helps with weight reduction, while retaining strength and durability. The design allows for optimal shaft arrangements close to the center of gravity, resulting in ideal mass centralization and easier rideability. The engine covers feature a smart surface structure that reduces wear caused by the rider's boots, keeping them looking as fresh as the day you bought it.
- Effective heat control: Maintaining the optimal engine temperature is crucial to ensuring consistent horsepower throughout the ride. The KTM 350 SX-F features radiators which are positioned for a lower center of gravity. Their design matches the shrouds perfectly and offers a great slim feel to the ergonomics. By using CFD technology (computational fluid dynamics) together with a clever coolant circuit routing, the innovative system ensures the optimum engine temperature for the highest performance, no matter what the conditions. The radiators also feature special protectors that serve not only as protection from flying rocks and debris but also as a brace that disperses energy around the radiators in the event of an impact.
- Tuned for power: When it comes to power delivery and performance, the exhaust on all 4-stroke models plays a key role and packs a punch that is hard to beat. It features a model-specific header pipe with an advanced resonator called FDH (Flow Design Header), which is a small chamber around the pipe. The design allows the exhaust to be disassembled without removing the shock absorber and also provides better access to the shock. The aluminum sleeve, end cap and internal design of the silencer allow for slimmer ergonomics, making the bike feel narrower, without compromise to regulatory noise limits.
- The KTM 350 SX-F has a lightweight, high-tech steel frame, carried over from the 2019 model. It plays an integral role in the bike's renowned maneuverability, while also providing accurate rider feedback. Its refined flex characteristics ensure the bike soaks up those big hits while still delivering excellent agility and high-speed stability. The chassis also features additional innovative elements like "no dirt" footpegs and brackets for mounting an optional composite skid plate. For 2020, the suspension features improved damping characteristics. The reworked settings offer a slightly softer, more comfortable feel that, together with the dynamic, performance-oriented chassis, contribute to an intuitive, high-performance ride like no other.
- Superior core stability: As with the entire SX range, the frame on the KTM 350 SX-F is professionally crafted from hydroformed chromium molybdenum steel tubes that are robot welded to ensure the highest levels of consistent quality. The carefully calculated stiffness of the frame delivers responsive handling and works perfectly with the suspension to provide excellent agility and high-speed stability. All 2020 KTM SX frames feature a highly durable powder coating and come with standard frame protectors. The subframe is made from lightweight aluminum and provides great feeling for the rider, as well as easy movement across the seat.
- Swingarm: The KTM 350 SX-F's one-piece swingarm is manufactured using a gravity die-cast production process for exceptional strength at the lowest possible weight. It offers a wide range of adjustment for the rear wheel, allowing for a shorter wheelbase on tighter, twisty tracks, or a longer wheelbase for greater stability on longer, more choppy tracks. The swingarm's chain measurement markings are visible from above, making adjustment simpler and more accurate.
- KTM uses lightweight, CNC-machined hubs and high-end Excel rims on all SX models, guaranteeing maximum stability and minimum weight. The aluminum spoke nipples feature a design that conveniently reduces the frequency with which the spokes need to be tightened. The wheels are fitted with the latest DUNLOP Geomax MX 3S tires, delivering maximum grip and stability, effectively transferring all the power to the ground.
- Front suspension: All full-size KTM SX models are fitted with the super-lightweight WP XACT front fork with AER technology and feature updated settings for 2020. It is a 48 mm USD air-sprung fork with separate functions in each fork leg, with damping functions on the right side and the air spring on the left. The left leg features a two-chamber system with a capsuled air cartridge, helping prevent loss of air pressure. Essentially, this means that in the rare case of a leaking outer seal, the internal cartridge pressure keeps the bike in a normal position. The air spring is exceptionally easy to use and can be adjusted to any rider weight via a single air valve and the air pump that is supplied with the bike. The right fork leg integrates a damping cartridge to fit single damping leg requirements and can be adjusted to the track conditions and the rider's preferences. Additionally, the fork top caps have a new design for improved, easy adjustment (compression) from top, rebound from bottom, 30 clicks each).
- Rear suspension: All full-size KTM SX models feature a WP XACT DDC (Dynamic Damping Control) monoshock, which has been developed to work as a complete unit with the entire frame and swingarm architecture, as well as the linkage system and the WP XACT fork. It features high-quality machined and anodized components, which add a touch of class and give it appeal beyond just a functional necessity. It is fully adjustable, including high and low speed compression, allowing you to set the shock up precisely to suit any track and rider's preferences.
- Triple clamp: All KTM SX models feature top quality, CNC-machined triple clamps which have become a KTM trademark. The triple clamp has a precisely calculated stiffness and offset (22 mm offset for all models) to match the flex characteristics of the frame and fork. The result is a front end that works in perfect harmony, contributing positively to the overall handling and stability. The rubber damped handlebar fixation reduces vibration and also allows for some adjustment with two different mounting positions. An hour meter is fitted as standard on the upper triple clamp on all SX models, keeping the rider informed of the number of hours spent tearing up the track and when the next service is due.
- Highly effective braking: High-tech BREMBO brakes have always been standard equipment on all KTM motocross bikes. Combined with lightweight wave discs, the renowned system provides the highest level of braking efficiency, enabling you to out-brake the competition.
- Shaped for mobility: All models in the KTM SX range are fitted with lightweight polyethylene fuel tanks. The shape of the fuel tank allows for slim ergonomics without compromise to the 1.85 gallon fuel capacity. The filler cap has an inside thread that makes for easy and reliable closure. All models in the KTM SX range are fitted with lightweight polyethylene fuel tanks. The shape of the fuel tank allows for slim ergonomics without compromise to the 1.85 gallon fuel capacity. The filler cap has an inside thread that makes for easy and reliable closure.
- A rider's ability to work together with the bike depends on how quickly and easily he can maneuver around his motorcycle. In order to ensure optimal rider control, KTM has focused extensively on the best ergonomics for high-level performance. The neutral riding position is comfortable and, through various handlebar positions, can also be adjusted to suit every rider and condition. A rider's main interaction with the motorcycle comes through the bodywork, seat, footpegs and handlebars and these crucial contact points play a vital role in a rider's ability to maintain balance and control. When it comes to ergonomics, KTM chose to use only the best quality products, ensuring the KTM 350 SX-F, as well as the entire SX range, provide unrivalled feeling and control out on the track.
- Made for mobility: All KTM SX models feature a seat that perfectly matches the range's dynamic performance-oriented ergonomics. The seat cover features silicone strips that provide better feel and grip for the rider. The seat is conveniently fixed to the bike using one long, lateral screw, making it secure and easy to handle. All KTM SX models feature a seat that perfectly matches the range's dynamic performance-oriented ergonomics. The seat cover features silicone strips that provide better feel and grip for the rider. The seat is conveniently fixed to the bike using one long, lateral screw, making it secure and easy to handle.
- Control in your hands: All full-size KTM SX models are equipped with the same high-strength aluminum tapered handlebar, made by NEKEN. The handlebar is fixed in rubber damped mountings, which allow for two different positions. The handlebars come standard with an ODI vulcanized grip on the right side and a comfortable ODI lock-on grip, which does not require any wire or glue, on the left.
- Staying connected: Sophisticated ´no-dirt´ footpegs prevent clogging of the footpeg pivot, even when digging in deep ruts. Looking for a higher riding position? Then just mount the footpegs of the 2019 EXC models, which are 6 mm higher than the SX versions.
- The KTM 350 SX-F is a standout performer that has made a huge impact on the industry. The contributions from KTM factory riders, as well as KTM R&D and Kiska Design, have helped to shape the bodywork and the success of this radical machine. The design that features across all 2020 SX models, achieves complete harmony between rider and bike, down to the finest details. The main goal was to provide the perfect contact points for the rider to enjoy maximum freedom of movement and improved handling. The I-beam design for the front and rear fenders are prime examples of the intelligent design that appears in every element of the bodywork, guaranteeing maximum stability at the lowest possible weight.
- The winning look: Simply riding a KTM 350 SX-F attracts the attention of onlookers, but the new inlay graphics definitely make them turn for a second look. Simply riding a KTM 350 SX-F attracts the attention of onlookers, but the new inlay graphics definitely make them turn for a second look.
- The KTM 350 SX-F is a revolutionary motorcycle at the forefront of progression in motocross. It features innovative electronics that help to refine its incredible power-to-weight ratio, while maximizing power delivery. Activated by a multifunctional handlebar map switch, the rider has instant access to traction control, launch control and even alternative power curves. KTM's engineers have spent many hours pushing the boundaries of performance, making electronics a necessary innovation that ensures the most effective power delivery. KTM SX-F models also have the advantages of a proven electric starter. Just one simple push of a button and you're READY TO RACE.
- Always ready: All SX-F models feature a capable, super lightweight 2 Ah Lithium-Ion starter battery, ensuring quick and effective starting of the engine, especially in cold weather conditions. The voltage regulator and condenser, as well as all the electrical components are packaged in a common area below the seat, making the entire system compact and reliable.
- Traction Control: TRACTION CONTROL is a highly beneficial feature that guarantees more efficient traction and better control of the bike when accelerating on wet or slippery hard pack surfaces. It can be activated by the handlebar map switch during riding.
- Launch Control: By pushing both buttons on the map switch, the rider can activate LAUNCH CONTROL, which ensures a more efficient launch out of the start gate. It reduces the maximum engine speed for the very first moment of the start to give better control. The EFI control lamp mounted on the upper triple clamps flashes when the function is active.
- Handlebar Map Select Switch: With one touch of a button, the map switch gives the rider the chance to select between a standard map setting and a more aggressive map for loamy, high grip dirt conditions. This is particularly useful for changing track conditions or for a rider that is looking for more control as he or she begins to get tired.
- Displacement: 349.7 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Bore: 88 mm
- Stroke: 57.5 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Clutch: Multi-plate clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Front suspension: WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke
- 349.7 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 88 mm x 57.5 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS
- Front Suspension
- WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.