2020 KTM 50 SX
Never Too Young To Learn: The KTM 50 SX is a true KTM for young MX riders aged between 4 and 10 years old. It is a genuine dirt bike that, like its bigger siblings, is produced with top-quality components. This makes the KTM 50 SX the first choice when stepping into the world of MX. Developed with the youngster in mind, this package has an engine that delivers steady, controllable power, incorporating an automatic clutch that is ideal for novice riders. It also features the latest WP XACT front fork with revolutionary AER technology, fully adjustable rear suspension, ultra-cool graphics and the ability to make going fast fun.
- KTM 2-strokes have been tearing up MX tracks for decades and are undoubtedly the fastest on the track today. Thanks to years of ongoing development, these engines are the benchmark in performance and technology, with the perfect combination of power, weight and control. Through melodic high-RPM screams, KTM 2-strokes continue to deliver thrilling high-performance harmonics.
- The high performance cylinder, exhaust pipe and reed intake system are perfectly arranged for maximum performance, setting the standard in the highly competitive 50 cc class. The high performance cylinder, exhaust pipe and reed intake system are perfectly arranged for maximum performance, setting the standard in the highly competitive 50 cc class.
- Clutch: Developed by KTM, the centrifugal multi-disc automatic clutch provides manageable acceleration and makes riding this motorcycle the easiest thing in the world. It can be adjusted to the specific requirements of the track and the rider in minutes and without any special tools.
- Like the full-size KTM range, the 50 SX has a liquid cooling system, which even cools the crankcase. Generously sized radiators ensure outstanding heat dissipation, ensuring extra reliability, even under extremely heavy conditions.
- The exhaust system was designed to perfectly match the characteristics of the engine, ensuring maximum output and a smooth power delivery over the entire rev range.
- KTM engineers just love finding ways to reduce weight. The changes made on 2019 KTM SX models resulted in the slimmest, lightest dirt bikes out there and that honor is retained for 2020.
- The modern frame is made from lightweight, high strength chromoly steel profiles and combines maximum longitudinal stiffness with optimum torsional rigidity. It guarantees easy handling and precise cornering, but also outstanding stability.
- Like the full-size KTM Factory racers, the 50 SX has super lightweight, black anodized, aluminum rims providing the highest strength and durability. The OEM MAXXIS knobby tires grip superbly on any surface.
- Front suspension: The KTM 50 SX has a modern, fully adjustable air fork: the WP XACT fork with AER technology, made by WP SUSPENSION. This upside-down front fork with 35 mm tube diameter and 205 mm of travel ensures outstanding comfort, damping characteristics and directional stability. Another main benefit for junior riders is that the air spring fitted in the left fork leg can be adjusted perfectly to the rider's weight using a simple air pump.
- Rear suspension: The high quality WP XACT shock absorber connects directly to the new lightweight, cast swingarm with the same technology and shape, according to the stress lines, as the full size bikes. The shock is fully adjustable, meaning you can set the damping perfectly to suit the rider's preference and track conditions. The shock absorber allows for 185 mm of rear wheel travel, providing excellent damping performance.
- The 50 SX is fitted with front and rear hydraulic brakes by Formula, combined with lightweight wave discs that are easy to control even for the youngest riders. This ensures the best deceleration and the highest standard when it comes to performance.
- In the heat of the battle, READY TO RACE ergonomics give you the edge on the track, allowing you to ride harder for longer.
- The KTM 50 SX uses a perfectly shaped handlebar made from a high-quality aluminum alloy. It provides a great feeling of control for the rider, helping with overall stability. A crash pad around the center brace also protects the rider from hard knocks.
- The bodywork is derived from the full-size SX models and provides perfect ergonomics, well thought-out contact points and maximum freedom of movement for the rider. In addition, smart design solutions for the front and rear fenders are prime examples of an intelligent design, which guarantees maximum stability and strength.
- The 2020 KTM SX models feature the latest in-mold graphics, matching the factory-look orange frames and bodywork perfectly. They have a fast and aggressive style that screams READY TO RACE, leaving no doubt as to the bikes' high-performance intentions.
- Displacement: 49 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Bore: 39.5 mm
- Stroke: 40 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: Single-speed automatic
- Clutch: Centrifugal clutch (adjustable)
- EMS: Seletra 2p D36
- Frame design: Central-tube frame with double-cradle
- Front suspension: XACT 35 WP Upside-Down fork, Ø 35 mm
- Rear suspension: XACT WP mono shock
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 160 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 160 mm
- Chain: 1/2 x 3/16"
- Steering head angle: 66 °
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production models and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice. No rights may be derived from incorrect statements.
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke
- 49 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 39.5 mm x 40 mm
- Fuel System
- Seletra 2p D36
- Front Suspension
- XACT 35 WP Upside-Down fork, Ø 35 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- XACT WP mono shock
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Single-speed automatic
- Final Drive
- Chain: 1/2 x 3/16 in.