2020 KTM 50 SX MINI
Never Too Young To Learn: The KTM 50 SX MINI is a true KTM for young MX riders aged between 4 and 10 years old. It is a genuine dirt bike that, like its bigger siblings, is produced with top-quality components. This makes the KTM 50 SX MINI the first choice when stepping into the world of MX. Developed with the youngster in mind, this package has an engine that delivers steady, controllable power, incorporating an automatic clutch that is ideal for novice riders. It also features a high-quality WP XACT front fork and shock absorber, ultra-cool graphics and the ability to make going fast fun.
- KTM 2-strokes have been tearing up MX tracks for decades and are undoubtedly the fastest on the track today. Thanks to years of ongoing development, these engines are the benchmark in performance and technology, with the perfect combination of power, weight and control. Through melodic high-RPM screams, KTM 2-strokes continue to deliver thrilling high-performance harmonics.
- Engine: The high performance cylinder, exhaust pipe and reed intake system are perfectly arranged for maximum performance, setting the standard in the highly competitive 50 cc class.
- Clutch: Developed by KTM, the centrifugal multi-disc automatic clutch provides manageable acceleration and makes riding this motorcycle the easiest thing in the world. It can be adjusted to the specific requirements of the track and the rider in minutes and without any special tools.
- Automatic transmission: The centrifugally controlled, multi-disc automatic clutch developed by KTM delivers easily controllable acceleration and makes riding the KTM 50 SX MINI the easiest thing in the world. Furthermore, it can still be quickly and easily adjusted to the specific requirements of both track and rider using the "KTM clicker system" - in a matter of seconds and with no special tools required.
- Cooling: Like the full-size KTM range, the KTM 50 SX MINI has a liquid cooling system, which even cools the crankcase. Generously sized radiators ensure outstanding heat dissipation, ensuring extra reliability, even under extremely heavy conditions.
- Exhaust: The exhaust system was designed to perfectly match the characteristics of the engine, ensuring maximum output and a smooth power delivery over the entire rev range.
- KTM engineers just love finding ways to reduce weight. The changes made on 2019 KTM SX models resulted in the slimmest, lightest dirt bikes out there and that honor is retained for 2020.
- Frame: The modern frame is made from lightweight, high strength chromoly steel profiles and combines maximum longitudinal stiffness with optimum torsional rigidity. It guarantees easy handling and precise cornering, but also outstanding stability.
- Like the full-size KTM Factory racers, the 50 SX MINI has super lightweight, black anodized, aluminum rims providing the highest strength and durability. The OEM MAXXIS knobby tires grip superbly on any surface.
- Front suspension: The KTM 50 SX MINI has the latest WP XACT fork, made by WP SUSPENSION. This upside-down front fork with 35 mm tube diameter and 205 mm of travel ensures outstanding comfort, damping characteristics and directional stability.
- Rear suspension: The high quality WP XACT shock absorber is linked directly to the swingarm, providing excellent damping performance. It is fully adjustable, meaning you can set the damping perfectly to suit the rider's preference and track conditions. The shock absorber allows for 147 mm of rear wheel travel.
- Brakes: Both at the front and rear, state-of-the-art hydraulic disc brakes from FORMULA ensure best possible stopping power. The exclusive, self-cleaning Wave brake discs stand for the ultimate in race technology and outstanding performance.
- In the heat of the battle, READY TO RACE ergonomics give you the edge on the track, allowing you to ride harder for longer.
- Handlebar: The KTM 50 SX MINI uses a perfectly shaped handlebar made from a high-quality aluminum alloy. It provides a great feeling of control for the rider, helping with overall stability. A crash pad around the center brace also protects the rider from hard knocks.
- The bodywork is derived from the full-size SX models and provides perfect ergonomics, well thought-out contact points and maximum freedom of movement for the rider. In addition, smart design solutions for the front and rear fenders are prime examples of an intelligent design, which guarantees maximum stability and strength.
- Decals: The 2020 KTM SX models feature the latest in-mold graphics, matching the factory-look orange frames and bodywork perfectly. They have a fast and aggressive style that screams READY TO RACE, leaving no doubt as to the bikes' high-performance intentions.
- Displacement: 49 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Bore: 39.5 mm
- Stroke: 40 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: Single-speed automatic
- Clutch: Centrifugal clutch (adjustable)
- EMS: Seletra 2p D36
- Frame design: Central-tube frame with double-cradle
- Front suspension: XACT 35 WP Upside-Down fork, Ø 35 mm
- Rear suspension: XACT WP mono shock
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 160 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 160 mm
- Chain: 1/2 x 3/16"
- Steering head angle: 67.4 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke
- 49 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 39.5 mm x 40 mm
- Fuel System
- Seletra 2p D36
- Front Suspension
- XACT 35 WP Upside-Down fork, Ø 35 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- XACT WP mono shock
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Single-speed automatic
- Final Drive
- Chain: 1/2 x 3/16 in.