2018 Husqvarna Motorcycles TE 300
There is no wiser choice for serious hard Enduro riders. Built to tackle extraordinary challenges, the TE 300 boasts a lightweight construction with formidable but remarkably smooth power across a wide rev range. The engine features the latest in 2-stroke technology with a twin valve controlled power valve and counter balancer shaft. The latest generation chassis delivers outstanding agility with WP's enduro-specific Xplor 48 forks and DCC rear shock making light work of the roughest terrain.
- Engine: The 300cc 2-stroke engine is the benchmark in unrivalled power in a lightweight construction. The engine features precisely positioned shaft arrangements for optimal mass centralisation, a counter balancer shaft reducing vibration, a twin-valve controlled power valve and 6-speed enduro gearbox.
- Counter-balancer: The engine houses a laterally mounted counter balancer shaft. The balancer significantly reduces vibration delivering a smoother and more comfortable ride.
- Crankcase: The TE 300 engine is designed to improve mass centralisation. As a result the lightweight, die-cast engine casings are developed to accommodate a shaft arrangement aimed at centralising oscillating mass and improving ride-ability.
- Carburettor: The TE 300 features a 38mm flat slide Mikuni TMX carburettor. With an updated setting for MY18, the carburettor provides a smooth and controllable power delivery with optimal performance over the entire RPM range.
- Chromoly steel frame: The hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded frame is expertly crafted by WP Performance Systems. The flex character of the frame is specifically tailored to benefit suspension functionality, handling and comfort. The frame fitted with standard frame protectors and an engine protector which mounts directly to the frame guaranteeing superior protection and durability.
- Composite carbon fibre subframe: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna showcasing pioneering technologies and innovation. This 3 piece component is made up of 30 % carbon fibre making it remarkably light (1.4 kg). Specific care is taken to engineer a calculated rigidity for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- WP Xplor 48: The WP Xplor 48 front fork is developed by WP Performance Systems specifically for enduro type riding. The forks consist of an open cartridge layout with a spring in each circuit and split damping functions. For MY18, the forks feature new outer tubes with improved flex characteristics and reduced friction while a new stiffer setting offers more sensitivity and greater bottoming resistance.
- WP rear shock: The WP DCC rear shock is designed to provide advanced damping characteristics while keeping to a compact and lightweight design. With a pressure balance inside the shock, the stroke is more seamless resulting in greater rider comfort and handling while the corrugated outer contour of the reservoir improves cooling.
- Pro Taper handlebar: The Pro Taper handlebar is second to none for function and style. Manufactured to exacting standards, the Pro Taper handlebar features class-leading fatigue resistance while adding minimal weight. The Pro Taper logos are chemically applied and are scratch and peel resistant.
- Magura braking system: New for MY18 is a Magura front and rear braking system. The system features a similar layout to the previous design with improved sensitivity for a more modulated feel while still retaining the highest level of performance. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The reliable, high quality, German-made clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. Meaning that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remains identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- Self cleaning footpeg mount: The Husqvarna frame features a clever, self -cleaning footpeg mount which prevents the build-up of dirt collected through deep ruts or muddy terrain. As a result, the footpeg will spring back into its original position ensuring perfect control. The large aluminium footpegs have an Enduro specific grip pattern while the position of the pegs is 6mm higher than that found on the MX models to further increase ground clearance over rocks and deep ruts.
- Electric and kick start: The TE 300 is fitted with an electric starter neatly tucked away below the engine casings. The system is powered by a lightweight and powerful Li-Ion battery which is 1 kg lighter than conventional lead battery. A standard kick starter is fitted for added peace of mind.
- Map select switch: The engine characteristics can be tailored thanks to the standard map switch that modifies the CDI curve between two ignition curves according to rider preference, conditions and terrain. Further optimisation of the power delivery can be obtained by varying the spring stiffness in the exhaust valve.
- Large capacity fuel tank: Hours of riding are guaranteed with a lightweight fuel tank made of translucent plastic. The design allows the rider to easily see the fuel level while the 10 litre tank features a quick release fuel cap for quick refuelling.
- Wheels and tyres: Black high-strength alloy rims by D.I.D are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodised aluminium nipples. Fitted to the wheels are Metzeler 6 days extreme tyres which offer superior grip on a wide variety of terrain.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 293.2 cm³
- Starter: Kick and electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Kokusan
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 11.81 in.
- Front brake: Magura two-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Magura single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Seat height: 37.8 in.
- Weight without fuel: 225.75 lb.
- Suspension travel (rear): 12.99 in.
- Tank capacity (approx.): 2.64 US gal.
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- 293.2 cm³
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Front Brakes
- Magura two-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Magura single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Dry Weight
- 225.75 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.64 US gal.
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in.
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.